I know, this post has been long time coming, I am swamped with lectures, studies and work at the moment and it is only now that I found some time to blog.
As some of you may already know, last February I was invited to attend the Catrice Spring Launch and we were given some products to try out.
The first three products are:
1) Colour Correcting Primer: I have yet to try this product out. However, as a first impression from swatching it; it has a green colour to cancel out redness, as its name implies, and it also claims that it is oil free. Which is perfect for oily, acne prone skin and also during the Summer we sweat much more, so an oil free primer is perfect for that time.
2) Translucent Powder: At LAST I found an authentic translucent powder. I cannot tell you how many times I purchase a 'translucent' powder, then I open it and I find that it is coloured powder. To all Make up companies: Translucent means transparent and not with colour. Thank you Catrice for this powder, I really like it and I use it everyday to set my foundation. It did not break me out and my skin remains matte all day.
3) Shimmering Bronzer: I used it the first time last week and I was quite impressed. To be honest, I was somewhat sceptical to try it because I thought that my face would result in being all shimmery and sparkly. However, this bronzer has very fine small shimmers that barely show up, which is perfect for me. Also, it is not that dark, it just creates a sun kissed glow which I look for.
Now on to the eye products:
1) Absolute Eye Colour Pallette in the colour 'F'rosen Yoghurt': I have used this pallette several times now. I almost use it every time I go out. It is perfect to create a subtle natural cranberry look and I find that these colours really complete my eyes. Shadows are pigmented and are quite long lasting. Also, it has a combination of matte and shimmery shadows in it which I rarely find in other pallettes.
2) Absolute Bright Highlighting Pallette in the colour 'Candy Warhol': I use this pallette to highlight. It is a great idea to make a pallette with highlighting combinations to match every eye look.The only downside is that the eye shadow's texture is chalky and after a while that I apply it, it is not there any more.
3) Set of Single Lashes: I have not used this yet
4) Glamour Doll Curl & Volume Mascara: I use this mascara everyday, so I tested it out quite well. It claims that, as its name implies, it curls and volumises at the same time. I have not seen that. I found that it lengthens my lashes and curls them slightly but in terms of volume it fell flat. Also, when I take out the wand from the tube, its like there is no filter at the top to take away the access mascara from the wand, so I almost always end up smearing the mascara on my lid.
1) Ultimate Colour Lipstick in the colour 'Red my Lips': I have not tried this out yet, however when I swatched it, the colour is very opaque and creamy. Looking forward to try it out.
2) Infinite Shine Lipgloss in the colour 'Pink Twice': I applied this lip gloss the first time exactly after the event ended, in my car :) Love this lip gloss, vibrant colour, perfect for Spring. Also, has a nice smell and is very long lasting. An additional upside to this is that it is not sticky.
3) Made to Stay Smoothing Lip Polish in the colour 'Megan Fuchsia': I also use this product almost every time I go out. It is long lasting, bright colour and its finish is like a lip tint. After most of the colour is off, your lips are still stained so no need to reapply as much.
Received 3 nail polishes. I only used the pink one since it is ideal for the office and everyday. The other two colours are more vibrant and one of them is glittery. From the one that I used, it lasted for almost a week, after the third/fourth day it started to chip.
Have you tried any of these products? If yes, what do you think?
That's all for this post,
Until next time,
Wednesday, 9 April 2014
Saturday, 22 June 2013
Last Wednesday, Beauty is our Passion Blog was invited to attend the launch of a new Skin Care product range, together with other Maltese beauty bloggers: All Things Lady , All Things Fabulous Blog, The Other Side of Cool.
First and foremost, thank you to PharmaMt for giving Beauty is Our Passion Blog the opportunity to attend the event and for giving us all such a nice welcome.
This new Skin Care range is called ‘Lierac Paris’. It is a French brand, which was founded in 1975. The innovative element that sets apart this brand from all the other skin care brands is that the products are based on Phytocosmetics. Strange word is it? Let me explain. This word simply means that the products are plant based and the ingredients are naturally sourced from various plants, flowers and herbs. Your skin will thank you for not using products filled with a lot of harmful chemicals that instead of healing the skin, they just end up damaging it even more.
The main products that ‘Lierac Paris’ offers are anti-aging products. However, it also caters for other types of skin conditions for example, dry and oily skin, acne prone and sensitive skin. It is also offering a new range of tanning products which are ideal for the Summer season.
The main ingredients that the anti-aging products are based upon are: Alchemillo, Ivy and Horsetail plants. Research found that when combined together these three elements boost the synthesis of collagen and elastin which help to prevent and heal wrinkles from developing.
During this event, we tested several products, some of which are the following:
1) PhytolastilThis product claims that it helps diminish the appearance of existing stretch marks in 80% of the cases. I cannot vouch that it does what it claims. First Impression: it has a serum like consistency, upon applying it on my skin it was absorbed immediately and did not leave any product residue, my skin felt smooth and moisturised.
2) Mesolift Cream
This product is part of their Daily Beauty Care. It is a vitamin- enriched radiance booster cream. It claims that it improves skin’s radiance by 98%, and that it plumps and tones the skin. It is made up of Apricot extract and citrus AHA. First Impression: I applied this cream on one hand. When compared to the other I noticed that it had a slight glow to it and it also felt quite moisturised.
Another product that is part of the Daily Beauty Care. Can be used on the face, body and even hair. It is made up of hazelnut, sweet almond and grapeseed argan. Its purpose is to nourish and hydrate. It can be used as a moisturised for face and body, and as a hair treatment. First Impression: it feels like pure silk on the skin and it has a floral fragrance which lingers on the skin.
4) Sunific Powder
This is the last product that I tested. It is part of their Tan Enhancing product range. This product is and Iridescent Powder with SPF 15. Its benefits are that it is anti-wrinkle and anti-brown spots which is suitable for all skin tones. First Impression: it is like a mineral bronzer but with a slight sheen to it. So it can be used not only as a tanning product but also as a makeup product. I like the built in brush that it comes with, it is dense and soft.
That’s all for this post. Please stay tuned for part 2 of Lierac Paris: Products I wish to try and product review.
Until next time,
Friday, 23 November 2012
How are you all doing? :)
As promised on our Facebook page, here is a Collective Haul of products I bought online.
First off, I had been contemplating for quite a some time, to buy some false lashes and good lash glue. So, I went searching on e-bay last week and found the Duo Lash glue, that everyone raves about on Youtube and some lashes. I found the glue for 7 euro including shipping, and 10 pairs of lashes for about 3 euro with shipping. Great deal in my opinion.
Last Saturday I was browsing around the ELF Cosmetics site and I noticed that they were offering free shipping during that weekend, therefore I could not pass up that opportunity and bought some ELF products, since it was about 6 months from my last ELF purchase.
My first two choices were two lipsticks, Gypsy and Flirtatious. Love both colors and I have to say I was impressed by their quality; very pigmented, apply smoothly and also have a pleasant smell.
|Gypsy and Flirtatious|
The following are swatches of these two lipsticks:
Then I chose two blushers and a bronzer because I noticed that I really do not have almost any blushers and bronzers, and the only one I had broke. The first blush is Blushing, then Bronzed and Sun Kissed.
The following are the swatches, in order mentioned above:
Next, I decided to try out the Makeup Remover Pen, that Dyna at Dyna's Random Blog, raves about, and I must say it really does work. Last but not the least, I picked up and Angled Blush Brush because I needed one for contouring.
Those were all the products that I bought,
Hope you enjoyed this post,
Until Next time,