I know, this post has been long time coming, I am swamped with lectures, studies and work at the moment and it is only now that I found some time to blog.
As some of you may already know, last February I was invited to attend the Catrice Spring Launch and we were given some products to try out.
The first three products are:
1) Colour Correcting Primer: I have yet to try this product out. However, as a first impression from swatching it; it has a green colour to cancel out redness, as its name implies, and it also claims that it is oil free. Which is perfect for oily, acne prone skin and also during the Summer we sweat much more, so an oil free primer is perfect for that time.
2) Translucent Powder: At LAST I found an authentic translucent powder. I cannot tell you how many times I purchase a 'translucent' powder, then I open it and I find that it is coloured powder. To all Make up companies: Translucent means transparent and not with colour. Thank you Catrice for this powder, I really like it and I use it everyday to set my foundation. It did not break me out and my skin remains matte all day.
3) Shimmering Bronzer: I used it the first time last week and I was quite impressed. To be honest, I was somewhat sceptical to try it because I thought that my face would result in being all shimmery and sparkly. However, this bronzer has very fine small shimmers that barely show up, which is perfect for me. Also, it is not that dark, it just creates a sun kissed glow which I look for.
Now on to the eye products:
1) Absolute Eye Colour Pallette in the colour 'F'rosen Yoghurt': I have used this pallette several times now. I almost use it every time I go out. It is perfect to create a subtle natural cranberry look and I find that these colours really complete my eyes. Shadows are pigmented and are quite long lasting. Also, it has a combination of matte and shimmery shadows in it which I rarely find in other pallettes.
2) Absolute Bright Highlighting Pallette in the colour 'Candy Warhol': I use this pallette to highlight. It is a great idea to make a pallette with highlighting combinations to match every eye look.The only downside is that the eye shadow's texture is chalky and after a while that I apply it, it is not there any more.
3) Set of Single Lashes: I have not used this yet
4) Glamour Doll Curl & Volume Mascara: I use this mascara everyday, so I tested it out quite well. It claims that, as its name implies, it curls and volumises at the same time. I have not seen that. I found that it lengthens my lashes and curls them slightly but in terms of volume it fell flat. Also, when I take out the wand from the tube, its like there is no filter at the top to take away the access mascara from the wand, so I almost always end up smearing the mascara on my lid.
1) Ultimate Colour Lipstick in the colour 'Red my Lips': I have not tried this out yet, however when I swatched it, the colour is very opaque and creamy. Looking forward to try it out.
2) Infinite Shine Lipgloss in the colour 'Pink Twice': I applied this lip gloss the first time exactly after the event ended, in my car :) Love this lip gloss, vibrant colour, perfect for Spring. Also, has a nice smell and is very long lasting. An additional upside to this is that it is not sticky.
3) Made to Stay Smoothing Lip Polish in the colour 'Megan Fuchsia': I also use this product almost every time I go out. It is long lasting, bright colour and its finish is like a lip tint. After most of the colour is off, your lips are still stained so no need to reapply as much.
Received 3 nail polishes. I only used the pink one since it is ideal for the office and everyday. The other two colours are more vibrant and one of them is glittery. From the one that I used, it lasted for almost a week, after the third/fourth day it started to chip.
Have you tried any of these products? If yes, what do you think?
That's all for this post,
Until next time,