I know, this post has been long time coming, I am swamped with lectures, studies and work at the moment and it is only now that I found some time to blog.
As some of you may already know, last February I was invited to attend the Catrice Spring Launch and we were given some products to try out.
The first three products are:
1) Colour Correcting Primer: I have yet to try this product out. However, as a first impression from swatching it; it has a green colour to cancel out redness, as its name implies, and it also claims that it is oil free. Which is perfect for oily, acne prone skin and also during the Summer we sweat much more, so an oil free primer is perfect for that time.
2) Translucent Powder: At LAST I found an authentic translucent powder. I cannot tell you how many times I purchase a 'translucent' powder, then I open it and I find that it is coloured powder. To all Make up companies: Translucent means transparent and not with colour. Thank you Catrice for this powder, I really like it and I use it everyday to set my foundation. It did not break me out and my skin remains matte all day.
3) Shimmering Bronzer: I used it the first time last week and I was quite impressed. To be honest, I was somewhat sceptical to try it because I thought that my face would result in being all shimmery and sparkly. However, this bronzer has very fine small shimmers that barely show up, which is perfect for me. Also, it is not that dark, it just creates a sun kissed glow which I look for.
Now on to the eye products:
1) Absolute Eye Colour Pallette in the colour 'F'rosen Yoghurt': I have used this pallette several times now. I almost use it every time I go out. It is perfect to create a subtle natural cranberry look and I find that these colours really complete my eyes. Shadows are pigmented and are quite long lasting. Also, it has a combination of matte and shimmery shadows in it which I rarely find in other pallettes.
2) Absolute Bright Highlighting Pallette in the colour 'Candy Warhol': I use this pallette to highlight. It is a great idea to make a pallette with highlighting combinations to match every eye look.The only downside is that the eye shadow's texture is chalky and after a while that I apply it, it is not there any more.
3) Set of Single Lashes: I have not used this yet
4) Glamour Doll Curl & Volume Mascara: I use this mascara everyday, so I tested it out quite well. It claims that, as its name implies, it curls and volumises at the same time. I have not seen that. I found that it lengthens my lashes and curls them slightly but in terms of volume it fell flat. Also, when I take out the wand from the tube, its like there is no filter at the top to take away the access mascara from the wand, so I almost always end up smearing the mascara on my lid.
1) Ultimate Colour Lipstick in the colour 'Red my Lips': I have not tried this out yet, however when I swatched it, the colour is very opaque and creamy. Looking forward to try it out.
2) Infinite Shine Lipgloss in the colour 'Pink Twice': I applied this lip gloss the first time exactly after the event ended, in my car :) Love this lip gloss, vibrant colour, perfect for Spring. Also, has a nice smell and is very long lasting. An additional upside to this is that it is not sticky.
3) Made to Stay Smoothing Lip Polish in the colour 'Megan Fuchsia': I also use this product almost every time I go out. It is long lasting, bright colour and its finish is like a lip tint. After most of the colour is off, your lips are still stained so no need to reapply as much.
Received 3 nail polishes. I only used the pink one since it is ideal for the office and everyday. The other two colours are more vibrant and one of them is glittery. From the one that I used, it lasted for almost a week, after the third/fourth day it started to chip.
Have you tried any of these products? If yes, what do you think?
That's all for this post,
Until next time,
Wednesday, 9 April 2014
Tuesday, 4 September 2012
Today I'm doing this 40 question tag in order to get to know me better.
-How many times do you wash your face daily?
Once after a long day at work.
-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have oily skin
-What is your current facial wash?
Nivea Refreshing Gel Cleanser
-Do you exfoliate?
Yes, Every other day.
-What brand do you use?
Simple smoothing facial scrub or mixing my cleanser with some sugar.
-What moisturizer do you use?
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion or Nivea Creme
-Do you have freckles?
-Do you use eye cream?
-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
-What foundation do you use?
I don't use foundation. I use the Rimmel Pressed stay matte powder to keep my face from getting oily throughout the day.
-How about concealer?
MUA brush on concealer pen, Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
-Do you know your undertone color?
-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
They're awesome but I've never tried them!
-Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, but I do throw them out when the mascara is dried up.
-What brand of mascara do you use?
Loreal and Nyc are my favourite.
-Sephora or MAC?
-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Brushes (Sigma or E.L.F) or my hands
-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
-For the face?
E.l.F Mineral primer
-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Neutral. Shimmery beige
-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
They're gorgeous and can be very versatile.
-Do you use mineral makeup?
-What is your favorite lipstick?
Kiko n0 11, Mac Rebel
-How about lipgloss?
Revlon super lustrous lipgloss in Coral Reef
-What is your favorite blush to use?
Don't have a fav blush yet.
-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Yes. Bought the 78 palette
-Do you like drugstore makeup?
-Do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)
I have never been to a CCO.
-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
No. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube.
-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I wuldn't say clumsy but putting liquid liner is a bit of a pain.
-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Overdrawn lips and pink shadows which will make eyes look red. :S
-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Neutral shadows, bright lips
-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian
-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Kiko, E.L.F, Catrice and Essence are my fav.
-What do you think of Makeup?
I think that makeup should be used in order to enhance someone's beauty and give someone a confidence boost.
Dyna's Random Blog
Dyna's Random Blog
Lara's Every Beauty Addict's Bible
Wednesday, 18 July 2012
Hello Beauties :)
Beauty and inspiration is all around us. If we look around us and learn to really look at the nature and environment that surrounds us we really start appreciating the beauty of our world.
During the past weekend my friends and I went to Comino, it is one of the islands that make up the Archipelago of Malta and it also has one of the most beautiful beaches.
The following eye makeup look has been inspired from this photo. Hope you like it.
Step 1:- I concealed my under eye dark circles with Yellow ELF corrective concealer and Deborah Milano concealer.
Step 2:- In the Inner corner of the eye I applie NYX Jumbo Eye pencil in Milk and the rest I applied Maybelline Color Tattoo in Turquoise Forever as bases so as to make the eyeshadow colors last longer and look brighter.
Step 3:- On top of the Jumbo eye pencil I applied expensive pink eyeshadow by MAC and on top of the Maybelline color Tattoo I applied Steamy eyeshadow by MAC with and eyeshadow brush. Do not forget to blend the two colors together in the middle of the eyelid so as to eliminate that harsh line.
Step 4:- I applied the peachy color in the crease and the dark brown color in the outer corner of the eye and blended the two colors together.
Step 5:- I applied Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Binge on the lower eye lid on the out corner.
Step 6:- Last but not least, I applied eyeliner and mascara.
And this is the finished Eye look:
These are all the products that were used:
Hope you liked this eye makeup look tutorial. If there are any suggestions please comment below.