Followers

Sunday 7 April 2013

Review: Essence Color & Go 5 Day Testing.


Hello Beauties,

Hope you’re all doing great

Last week I tested out a new nail polish for about 5 days, that I bought a couple of weeks ago: the Essence Color & Go Nail polish in the color ‘Off to Miami’. I have been keeping notes on what I think about the product and how it lasted throughout these 5 days:

Day 1:

First off I really like this color. Spring is round the corner (even though at the moment its raining in Malta hehe), and bold and bright colors are back in style.

First impression as soon as I open the cap is that I was really impressed by the quality and size of the brush. I like how wide the brush is since it covers a larger surface area of the nail and I also found that I did fewer mistakes.

Till now, I like the quality of the product. The color is opaque, it’s not streaky, and it applies as can been seen in the bottle. I only applied 2 coats, and as one can notice from the photos the color is as bright as can be. The first picture depicts the 1st coat, and the 2nd picture depicts the 2nd coat.


Day 1
Day 2:

Nothing much changed today; however, the polish on the pointer finger has slightly chipped. I didn't think much of it since my work involves quite a lot of typing; therefore I think that that is the cause.

Day 3:

Quite a lot of chipping today. Also, I found that the color has not remained as vibrant as the previous two days. It does not hold up that much to the hardships of everyday life that our hands go through.

Day 4 & 5:

Chipping continued, to the extent that the 5th finger nail has no nail polish left on it.
Conclusion:

As an overall opinion after these 5 days, I think that there are much better quality nail polishes in the market. However, for its inexpensive price (around 2- 2.50 euro), I didn't expect anything grand. Also, for those that like to switch their nail polish color every 2 to 3 days, I think this product would be ideal. Regarding the packaging, I like the fact that the cap is the same color as the actual nail polish. For these reasons, I would recommend this product; however keep in mind that it does not last as long as other nail polishes.

That’s all for today,

Until next time,

Take Care,

Jessica xxx

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog :) I love this colour.

    Great review! I like how you gave the polish a proper road test rather than just showing the colour. But it is a great colour too!

    Elle xx
    www.beautyshewrote.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle,

      Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I wanted to do something different and it also gives a good overview of what the product entails :)

      Jessica :)

      Delete
  2. Great colour. I didn't like the bright oranges that were supposed to be in this spring, but this has orange undertones and is so pretty without being in your face.
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, I am not a big fan of orange colors, but this is perfect. Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete