Exams have finished, so I can direct my attention on writing some posts at last.
Hope you are all doing great :)
Last May I was browsing around the shelves at our local supermarket, and stumbled upon some products which I never heard of before: Good Things skin care. I have to admit that the main thing that caught my eye was the packaging. However, when examining the product further I noticed that these products were from:
- Parabens: Research has shown that these chemicals have displayed estrogenic activity in several tests. In other words, these chemicals mimic the body's own hormones and can thus disrupt endocrine functions in virtually every system in the body. (1)
- Sodium Laureth Sulphate: This chemical has been found to breach the protective layers of the skin. When you use products with both SLS and other chemical toxins and preservatives, you are inviting these other toxins to more easily penetrate the skin and enter the blood stream.
SLS has shown up in the tissues of the brain, liver, heart and other vital organs. This strongly suggests it is retained long term in several bodily tissues. (2)
- Mineral Oils: this ingredient is more suited for dry skin. Therefore, it is ideal for oily skin to use products without mineral oils.
- Animal Ingredients: means that these products are cruelty free.
So, I decided to test them out. After about a week, my skin felt healthier, more supple and moisturized and have been using them since.
1) Stay Clear Purifying cleanser
I use this anti- blemish cleanser in the morning and evening. I massage it into the skin for a minute (yes I count) and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. The active ingredients that prevent acne are mango (helps in moisturising the skin and keeping it supple), blueberry (acts as an antioxidant and has anti irritant properties), willow-bark (it is a source of beta-hydroxyl acids including salicylic acid) extracts.
2) Deep Pore anti- blemish Cleanser
I use this product as a toner after cleansing my face, therefore in the morning and evening. I pour it on a cotton pad and pat it on the skin. The active ingredients are fig (rich in Vitamin B6 and calcium) and wild strawberry (rich in Vitamin C and Potassium) extracts.
3) Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser
Usually I don't apply moisturiser because I feel like it sits on my skin and makes it oilier. However, this moisturiser moisturises my face whilst not increasing the production of oil. Active ingredients in this product are blackcurrant (have anti- inflammatory benefits) and goji berry (tonic for the skin since they calm the skin with its anti-inflammatory actions) extracts.
4) Spot that spot clearing gel
I use this only when I have a breakout, not everyday. After about 3 days spots almost disappear. Active ingredients are Papaya (Rich in enzymes therefore has an exfoliating action) and Acai (Rich in B-Vitamins and minerals and help sooth inflammation) extracts.
5) Bright eyes eye cream
Its purpose is anti puffiness and minimise dark circles, which I definitely needed during the recent exam session. Its moisturises the eye area and decreases puffiness. However, have not noticed a decrease in my dark circles. I need to test it out more. Active ingredients are Raspberry (used for its skin calming qualities) and Lychee (contains Vitamin- C and skin boosting mineral- potassium) extracts.
I like the smell of all these products, it is a fresh and fruity type of smell which slightly lingers on the skin. Also, they are inexpensive products which is an added advantage. Good Things also offer an skin care line for normal, not acne prone skin. I recommend these products to any one.
That all for today,
Hope you liked this post,
Let me know your thoughts if you tried this skin care brand,
Until next time,
FYI: I have bought all these products with my own money. I have not been contacted to do this post. All opinions are my own.